Real Life Writing Mistakes You Could Be Making Too
When I receive marketing material from companies I am often appalled at the mistakes they contain. Sometimes even reputable companies or companies who I know have been working with professional marketing person. Publishing and distributing material with errors makes your company look less than professional, the opposite of what you are trying to achieve.
This page contains errors I have found in material I have personally received, so check to see if you are making the same mistakes.
- Not starting a sentence with a capital letter
- Not ending a sentence with a full stop
- Using a capital letter immediately after a comma, even if it’s not a proper noun
- Forgetting that a noun beginning with a vowel (eg ‘e’) carries the indefinite article ‘an’. As in ‘an email’ not ‘a email’
- Erroneously giving an ordinary, everyday noun a capital letter. Only proper names (companies, people etc) carry a capital.
Making mistakes is very easy, and making sure you avoid them is as easy as it is important. If you would like the Word Wizard to check any of your material, please contact us.